Terms and Conditions
Returns policy for MijMoj website shop:
Customers must not return goods without first contacting us by e-mail or telephone for a returns authorisation number.
Goods must be returned to us unfitted and unused, in a clean resalable condition as supplied, and in original packaging.
Goods must be returned to us at the customer's expense, preferably by a secure 'signature required' service such as Royal Mail Recorded Delivery.
We will not accept liability for any returns that go missing or get damaged in transit.
The returns authorisation number should be clearly marked on the package. Goods may be returned to us within 7 days of delivery without incurring any restocking charges.
After 7 days and up to 28 days from delivery a handling and restocking charge of 25% of the goods value (excluding VAT) will be applicable. No returns are permitted after 28 days. Carriage and packing charges are not refundable.
Once goods are received safely back into our workshop, inspected and accepted we will contact the customer for their credit card details and refund their account accordingly.
In the unlikely event that the goods are not, in our opinion, in a condition acceptable for credit, they will be returned to the customer and no refund will be made.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive
Claims For Damaged/Faulty Goods or Short/Erroneous Deliveries
Customers must advise us of any damage, fault, shortage or error within 2 working days of delivery by e-mail or telephone.
Claims after this period will not be entertained. We will send replacement goods out, free of charge, as soon as possible (subject to stock availability).
We will then liaise with the customer and arrange for our carriers to collect the goods to be returned. If the return package is of a small enough size and low value we may elect to send a pre-paid padded envelope for the customer to post the return back to us, at our risk.
T&C for Bespoke Purchases
These terms and conditions apply to all bespoke purchases from MijMoj Design Limited. Please read them carefully. MijMoj reserves the right to occasionally amend these terms and conditions and changes will be posted on the MijMoj website. If you need to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please email us at: email@example.com.
"Conditions" means these terms and conditions as described below;
"Product" means a product commissioned by You and as detailed in the Proposal
“Price” will be the final price for the Product as stated on the Proposal
“Delivery Fee” will be the price for delivery of the Product to an address stated by You
“Delivery Date” means the date on which MijMoj will deliver the Product to You or alternatively the date agreed by You and MijMoj for collection of the Product.
The “Proposal” is the documentation provided by MijMoj confirming dimensions and materials of the Product, the Price, anticipated completion date, Delivery Fee and other relevant details:
"MijMoj/we/us/our" means MijMoj Design Limited
- “You" means You, a commissioner of a Product
- Once MijMoj issues a Proposal to You, the Price and Delivery Fee contained within the Proposal remains open for 30 days from the date of the Proposal.
- The Product You commission will be made specifically to Your order, in accordance with the agreed instructions and specifications You have given Us.
- You must check all details and aspects of the Proposal are correct, and suitable for Your requirements, including measurements, dimensions, product feature(s), access for delivery and delivery date.
- It is Your responsibility to ensure that the Products You have commissioned will fit into Your desired space in Your house and fit through all doors. Staircases and gates.
- The copyright for any designs developed will remain the property of MijMoj Design Limited and may be re used on future projects unless exclusivity is agreed otherwise in writing.
- If You choose not to proceed with the commission at any stage, the design work developed by MijMoj Design Limited may not be taken away and made by a third party under any circumstances.
- Expected completion date for the Product is not guaranteed but We will do our upmost to meet any expected completion date specified by You.
- Our furniture is individually handmade after we receive confirmation of Your acceptance of the Proposal.
- You are advised to follow the After Care Instructions provided by MijMoj. Please note that as our products are wood which is a natural material. The wood itself will expand and contract due to moisture content. We use only kiln dried wood where possible and do our best to ensure the material is stable, however we cannot guarantee that there will be no movement of the material due to environmental change, such as extreme heat or damp conditions in the place of use.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit will be payable in respect of the Product before work commences.
- If You decide to cancel Your commission then You must pay all costs we incur in connection with Your order unless agreed otherwise.
- You shall pay the Price for the Product as stated in the written Proposal / Quotation and not as stated in any estimate, documentation or given orally by MijMoj.
- The Price is inclusive of VAT but any other applicable taxes or levy, shall be charged in addition to the Price at the rate in force at the date any payment is required from You.
- Payment of the outstanding balance (including the Delivery Fee) on the Proposal shall be made on the Delivery Date.
- If payment is not received on the Delivery Date, MijMoj shall be entitled to:
charge interest on the outstanding amount at the rate of 4% per annum above the base lending rate of HSBC accruing interest daily; require that You make a payment in advance of any delivery not yet made; Not to make delivery.
- If the balance is not paid within a month of Delivery Date, MijMoj reserve the right to resell the Product.
- MijMoj shall retain ownership of the Product until You have paid of the Price in full whether or not delivery has been made.
- We shall deliver the Product to Your address on the Delivery Date.
- The cost of delivery shall be in addition to the Price (but as stated on the Proposal)
- All delivery costs include VAT.
- By accepting delivery on the Delivery Date, You acknowledge and agree:
- that We have given You a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Product;
- That You have satisfied yourself as to the Condition of the Product;
- We have not given any warranty or condition as to the quality or fitness for any purpose of the
Product (other than is expressly noted on the Estimate)
- that all conditions or warranties express or implied (whether by statute or otherwise) are expressly
- that delivery of the Product to You shall be conclusive evidence that You have examined the
Products and that the Products are in conformity with the contract description, in good order and
condition, of satisfactory quality and fit for any purpose to which they may be required.
- If delivery cannot be made because the delivery address is inaccessible or unmanned then You
agree to pay any reasonable additional charges that MijMoj may incur for redelivery attempts or
delivery to a different address.
- MijMoj will charge You a non-refundable storage fee of £50 per full week where the Delivery Date
has been agreed and You fail to take delivery of Your Product.
- MijMoj will not be responsible for delays or failures in delivery caused because We cannot gain
access to the delivery address on the agreed Delivery Date or because of other circumstances
beyond our reasonable control.
- You shall be responsible for the Product as from the Delivery Date.
- Goods are not insured during transit unless You specifically request it in writing at the time of
Price and Delivery Fees.
- Where items are not insured against loss or damage, reimbursement will be limited to whatever
the carrier company agrees to pay us. In the case of damage, You agree to assist us with any
reasonable request which may include the return of the Product/packaging or a photograph of it.
- We will at MijMoj's discretion either a) make good by repair or b) supply of a replacement, defects
which under proper use, appear in the Product within a period of one month after the Product has
been delivered provided that:
- You notified Us in writing of the claimed defects immediately on their appearance; and
- We are satisfied that the defects arise solely from faulty design (other than a design made furnished
or specified by You for which We have disclaimed responsibility in writing) materials or workmanship;
- The Product claimed to be defective are returned to Us at the Your expense.
- The repaired or replacement Product will be delivered to You to the original place of delivery but
otherwise subject to the provisions of this agreement;
- As an alternative to the above, MijMoj shall be in its absolute discretion be entitled to return the Price
to You if You have already paid the Price when the claimed defect is notified by You to Us.
- The remedy provided above is without prejudice to the other terms and conditions including without
limitation the Liability condition below.
- We shall not incur or accept any liability concerning any representation made by Us (or made on
our behalf) to You (or any person acting on behalf of You) prior to the commissioning of the Product
where such representation was made or given in relation to a), b) or c);
- We shall not accept any liability concerning any express term in the Proposal where such term
relates to a), b), or c);
- All terms conditions or warranties implied by statutory or common law relating to a), b) or c) are excluded from these terms and conditions to the fullest extent permitted by law
- The correspondence of the Product with any description;
- The quality of the Product; and / or
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- The fitness of the Product for any purposes whatsoever (whether made known to Us or not)
- Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by MijMoj negligence, MijMoj's liability whether arising in contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise however, shall not exceed
the sums paid to MijMoj with regard to the Product.
- Any variation to these terms and conditions (including any special terms and conditions agreed
between You and Us) shall not apply unless MijMoj have agreed in writing.
- Any Product commissioned by You will be treated strictly in accordance with these Conditions and
supersedes and replaces any prior written oral agreement representations or understandings.
- Full payment will be payable on all overseas order before it commences.
- Delivery charges are based on calculated volumetric weight and delivery destination and will be quoted during the order. The charge includes a 5% administration charge. We reserve the right to withdraw international delivery at anytime.
- We cannot be held accountable for delays in customs clearance
- MijMoj cannot be held responsible should local customs authorities wish to confiscate any particular item contained within the shipment or charge any import duty. The recipient is responsible for paying the duty.
Address: MijMoj Design Limited, Unit C28, Ashmount Enterprise Park, Aber Road, Flint, Flintshire. UK, CH65YL.
Tel: 01352 761 974